Before Orientation and Advising Checklist

Three students using laptop computers

Explore special interest groups on campus, including Fraternity and Sorority Life and Learning Communities.

Access the Roommate Finder and complete your University Housing Contract or residency exemption form in MyRED.

  • All incoming, first-year and/or unmarried students enrolled for six or more credit hours and who are under the age of 19 prior to the first day of the fall semester of the current academic year are required to live in university-approved housing.

File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Form if you haven't already done so.

Complete your financial aid "to do" requirements in MyRED.

Submit your orientation reservation in the “Admissions” tab in MyRED. Reservations open April 2 for transfer students and May 2 for first-year students.

Complete the required pre-advising tasks in MyRED. These tasks must be completed before you can sign up for an advising appointment.

Sign up for your virtual or in-person academic advising appointment in MyRED.

Submit your MMR immunization records in MyRED > Admissions > Undergraduate > Important Links > Health Requirement prior to your orientation date.

Students who are 18 years old or younger must have a Power of Attorney (POA) Form signed by their parent/guardian to receive care at the University Health Center.

  • If attending In-Person Orientation, bring the signed form with you. Notaries are available at the end of the day if the form isn’t notarized in advance.
  • If completing Online Orientation, send the form by mail to the University Health Center (550 N 19th St.) or deliver it in person when arriving to campus.

Apply for your NCard (used for campus-wide student identification, authentication and access) and upload a photo prior to your In-Person Orientation.

  • If you are completing Online Orientation, upload a photo prior to arriving to campus for the semester.

Confirm in MyRED that your IB, AP, transfer credits and final high school transcripts are received by the Office of Admissions no later than the first day of the semester.