Before New Student Enrollment
- Reserve your spot at an NSE day in MyRED. NSE reservations open April 14, 2020 for students admitted for Summer/Fall 2020.
- Complete your Advising Inventory in MyRED at least three days before your scheduled NSE day.
- Complete the Math and Language placement exams at least three days before your scheduled NSE day.
- Complete the Pre-Registration Health Requirement Form prior to your NSE day.
- Students who are 18 years old must have a Power of Attorney Form signed by their parent/guardian to receive care at the University Health Center.
- Apply for your NCard and upload a photo prior to your NSE day.
- Download the Husker Campus Guides app to your smartphone. Once the Husker Campus Guides is downloaded, search for "New Student Enrollment guide." You can access your NSE schedule, parking info and other important details about your NSE day in the guide.
- Complete your University Housing contract or on-campus residence form. All incoming, first-year and/or unmarried students enrolled for six or more credit hours, and who are under the age of 19 prior to the first day of the fall semester of the current academic year, are required to live in university-approved housing.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you haven't already done so.
- Complete your financial aid "to do" requirements in MyRED.
- Confirm that your IB, AP and transfer credits as well as your final high school transcripts are received by the Office of Admissions no later than July 1.
After New Student Enrollment
- Set up Two-Factor Authentication to access your university accounts. After you're enrolled in courses, the next time you log in to MyRed, Canvas, or Huskers email, you'll be prompted to protect your accounts. Find a step-by-step guide at go.unl.edu/duoguide.
- Find your MyUNL username. An email will be sent after your NSE day with your username or access your MyUNL username through TrueYou (this is a different username than MyRed). Your account ID will be used to access Canvas, Huskers email, the parking portal, wireless internet, and other password-protected UNL systems. To find your MyUNL account, go to trueyou.nebraska.edu and follow these instructions.
- Log in to your Huskers email at mymail.unl.edu. You’ll use your MyUNL account ID plus @huskers.unl.edu to log in (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Update your contact info in MyRED. Designate your phone number and email address as primary—not your parents'!
- Familiarize yourself with MyRED for course registration, billing statements, scholarships and financial aid, degree audits and other important University of Nebraska–Lincoln information.
- Review the Student Accounts Guide for new students and parents with details about payment plans, bills and direct deposit. Set up your direct deposit by August 1.
- Student loan borrowers must complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and loan entrance counseling.
- Complete the required alcohol and sexual conduct (Title IX) modules (you will be sent the links in your email).
- Copy and pack your health insurance policy cards. Don't have insurance? Find out more about University student insurance.
- Add the University Police Department phone number into your contacts (402-472-2222) and sign up for UNL Alert.
- Purchase a parking pass and/or register your bike.
- Download your student bus pass to your smartphone. Don't have a smartphone? Visit the Parking & Transit Services office at 625 Stadium Drive, Suite A.
- Sign up for your move-in time through the Housing Portal in your MyRed account starting July 15.
- Download Housing's "UNL Move-in 2020" guide via the Husker Campus Guides app for helpful tips and directions.
- Familiarize yourself with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Read over Housing's policies and procedures.
- Contact your roommate to discuss expectations and check out what to bring.
- Talk with family about how you will update them on your academic progress, how often you will call, budgets and whether you plan to give them access to your MyRED account.
- Determine what textbooks you need and where you will purchase them. If you plan to purchase from the University Bookstore, order in advance.
- Bookmark Center for Academic Success and Transition for academic coaching, workshops and study stop locations.
- Sorority Primary Recruitment runs August 16-22. Download the Fraternity and Sorority Life guide in the Husker Campus Guides mobile app for more info or visit their website.
- Check out the Welcome Week events in your Big Red Welcome guide in your Nebraska Guides app or online.
- Review your class schedule and locate your classroom buildings. New Student Enrollment will run Class Schedule Tours during Big Red Welcome.
- Transfer prescriptions to the Health Center by bringing in your medicine container with labels attached.
- Connect your computers and mobile devices to the UNL wireless network.
- Contact your academic advisor if a course change is necessary.
During the first three weeks of the semester
- Visit your professor's office hours and introduce yourself!
- Pay your tuition bill by September 12.
- Schedule an appointment with a success coach (through MyPLAN) to plan your semester goals and study strategies.
- Integrate study stop locations into your study routine.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor in early October to develop your academic plan.
- Attend a free academic workshop.
- Find at least one academic and one interest-related student organization to be a part of.
- Open a University MyStyle Checking account through Union Bank online.