Designed for experienced college students to assist you in navigating your new environment successfully.
What To Expect During NSE
Although you have already experienced college, you will have a transitional experience attending UNL as no two colleges or universities are exactly alike.
- 1 Meet other new students
- 2 Discover the Undergraduate Bulletin
- The Undergraduate Bulletin contains detailed information about all majors of undergraduate study offered including course descriptions, majors, specific graduation requirements, as well a comprehensive description of Achievement-Centered Education (ACE).
- Undergraduate Bulletin
Get Prepared to Attend NSE
Every transfer student will meet privately with an academic adviser who is familiar with your previous college coursework that was submitted to UNL.
Bring a list of courses you are currently enrolled in with you to your advising session.
The Advising Inventory gives your academic adviser background on:
- previous coursework
- intended graduation date
- scheduling conflicts
- post-graduation plans
Advisers will review your inventory and use it to assist you with course registration. All questions on the advising inventory must be filled out in order to be considered complete. Completing the Advising Inventory is required of all incoming transfer students.
The transfer advising inventory is found in your MyRED account.
At New Student Enrollment, there are primary aspects of our day:
- meeting an academic adviser
- registering for classes
- logistical details necessary for being a student
- preparing you for a successful academic career
- meeting other new students
An orientation student will show you how the registration system works at UNL after you have met with an adviser.
At NSE, you will learn and take care of some of the finer details of being a Husker.
- obtain your NUID
- update your record with email address and phone number
- learn about Blackboard and MyPLAN
|8:00–8:30 a.m.||Check-In (Nebraska Union)|
|8:30–9:10 a.m.||Welcome Session|
|9:10–9:30 a.m.||Transfer Programs|
|9:40–10:00 a.m.||Meet Your Fellow Huskers:
|10:00–11:00 a.m.||Nebraska Experience: Campus Tour/Information|
|11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.||Campus Life|
|12:45–1:30 p.m.||College Session & Advising|
|1:30–3:30 p.m.||Class Registration|
|3:30–5:00 p.m.||Union Bank & Trust is available to open new accounts|
|*Students and guests will meet back in the Ballroom after the student has finished registering for classes.|
Students with Disabilities
If you are a student with a disability, please contact the Services for Students with Disabilities office at 402.472.3787 prior to your New Student Enrollment date. Communication with this office will allow us to identify individual needs and make arrangements to secure needed services.