Take a Parent To Lunch (TAPTL)
A summer program where UNL faculty and staff volunteer to escort and host the parents of incoming students for lunch.
Parents consistently evaluate TAPTL as one of their favorite parts of their NSE day as they enjoy the opportunity to speak informally to UNL staff and faculty.
- We'll pick you up from your informational session and walk you to the dining hall.
- Ask us any questions you have about UNL and your student's transition to college.
- If we don't have the answer, we'll make sure we connect you to the correct resource.
Parents do not need to register for this program.
Faculty and Staff
All UNL employees are encouraged to volunteer as we're always looking for more volunteers for our TAPTL program.
As a Volunteer
- 1Receive a complimentary meal from Selleck Dining Hall each day you volunteer.
- 2Walk parents from their college informational session to Selleck Dining Hall.
- 3Help answer questions from parents.
- 4Allocate 1 hour to complete assigned duties.
How to Register
- 1 Create an account when entering the website.
- 2 Choose the days you would like to participate.
- 3 You will be sent a reminder of all of the dates you have requested.
- 4 You will receive another reminder two days prior to your TAPTL commitment.
|11:50 a.m.||Report to the 2nd floor of the NE Union outside the Centennial Room.
|12:00 p.m.||Report to assigned college session.|
|12:05 p.m.||After college session is finished it is YOUR time to take over.
|12:10 p.m.||Lunch starts in Selleck Dining Hall.
|12:50 p.m.||Finish lunch and wrap up conversation.
|1:00 p.m.||Parents will meet an orientation leader outside of Selleck for a campus tour. The orientation leaders will have a sign to direct parents.|