Power Up Weekend
June 18–20, 2021
At Power Up, you will:
- Meet incoming first-year students and Nebraska student leaders.
- Spend two nights in a residence hall and eat at campus dining facilities.
- Experience student life and engage in unique, dynamic campus activities.
- Learn Husker traditions.
- 1 Log into MyRed to register starting on April 26, 2021.
- 2 Use the Admissions drop-down menu in the top navigation, select "Undergraduate" and click on "Power Up Weekend reservations" (under New Student Enrollment section). Complete the online registration form.
- 3 Pay the $200 fee via credit card or check. There are a limited number of $90 scholarships for Pell Grant eligible students. Upon registration, the system will verify if you qualify for the Power Up Weekend scholarship and automatically award the scholarship.
- 4 Complete the required waiver forms at go.unl.edu/powerupwaiver. (If you are under the age of 19, you will need a parent/guardian to complete the forms with you and submit the forms using the email address they provided to the university.)
- 5 Register online or in-person orientation starting May 3. Power Up students are encouraged to register to attend in-person orientation on June 18.
- In order to comply with program guidelines, Power Up participants are expected to be enrolled in fall-semester classes prior to June 18.
- Click here for more information about the advising and course enrollment process.
We’ve implemented the following risk-mitigation strategies to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 and ensure Power Up is a comfortable, safe experience for all:
- The use of facial coverings is required throughout the entirety of Power Up Weekend.
- The majority of activities will take place outside.
- All social-distancing guidelines set by the university and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department will be adhered to.
- In the case that a Power Up participant: Develops COVID-19 related symptoms; has a positive COVID-19 test result during the program; or is identified as a
close contact to someone who tests positive for the COVID-19 virus during the event, the individual will be immediately separated from the group and the Power Up
COVID point of contact will work with the student and family to arrange for early departure.
- Isolation Housing will be available at no cost to any program participant in the above circumstances until the individual is able to safely depart from campus.
- Participants are encouraged to self-screen for the presence of symptoms for 14 days before Power Up Weekend. Registrants who have been a recent close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case or who are symptomatic within the 2 weeks leading up to the event should cancel their Power Up reservation.