Your Guide to Nebraska
We're here to make sure you are prepared for your Nebraska experience.
Orientation and Arrival Details
Classes begin Monday, Tuesday, January 18 (there is a federal holiday on Monday, January 17). Here’s what students need to know about campus arrival and orientation:
- Campus Arrival: You must arrive to Lincoln by Thursday, January 13. Classes begin January 18. We recommend that you fly into the Lincoln Municipal Airport (LNK) because it is closest to campus and most convenient. Members of the International Welcome Team will be at the Lincoln airport to greet students, answer questions, and provide a free shuttle from the airport on January 11, 12 and 13, so we recommend that you arrive on one of those days. Look for the Welcome Team at baggage claim. If you know your flight or arrival information, please submit it here. You can submit a shuttle reservation as part of the arrival information form.
- Early Move-In: If you plan to live in University Housing, please note that there is an early move-in charge of approximately $40/night for students who move in on January 11 or before. There is no additional nightly charge for move-in on January 12 or after.
- Orientation: International Orientation has two parts. Both parts are required.
- Part 1: Online modules that contain information about academic success, health requirements, University Housing, immigration requirements, and more. Students will complete the modules from home at their convenience via internet before arriving to campus. Students who have paid the enrollment deposit will receive access instructions via email after ED payment.
- Part 2: We will host International Orientation in person on January 14 and 15, and attendance will be required for all new international undergraduates on January 14 and 15. We will also be hosting optional activities in person on January 11–16
Please contact Emily Klesner, Coordinator in New Student Enrollment, with any questions via email at Emily.Klesner@unl.edu.