Welcome to College
We want you to be successful. Attending NSE helps put you on the right path.
College is an exciting and challenging time for freshmen and their families, so we've prepared an orientation program focused on helping you make a smooth transition to life as a Husker.
All new freshmen are required to attend New Student Enrollment (NSE).
If you live more than 300 miles from campus you have the option to select the Mail-in Registration. An academic advisor will review your transcripts, your completed advising inventory and placement exam scores online. Your advisor will create a course schedule for you and NSE staff will register you for your courses.
Complete the following when using the mail-in registration option:
Submit Your Mail-in Registration
Dates for processing mail-in registrations are based on your major. If you are undecided, select the Explore Center as your college of choice.
Mail-in registrations are processed from June to the beginning of July.
- Go to MyRED.
NSE registrations for freshman attending Fall 2018 will be available starting April 3, 2018.
- Type in your NU ID number (8-digit number) and your password.
- If you have not set up your password yet, visit trueyou.nebraska.edu.
- Use the Admissions drop-down menu in the top navigation and select "Undergraduate."
- Click on the New Student Enrollment Reservation.
- Confirm your major and submit.
- To designate the mail-in option you will not select an in-person date. Instead of selecting an in-person NSE date, you will click that you are not able to attend the on-campus orientation.
- In the text box you will type "I live more than 300 miles from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln."
- Submit your reservation.
Complete The Advising Inventory
This document is required and will assist your advisor in preparing your course schedule. This is how you give your input on your course schedule.
The Advising Inventory can be completed at myred.nebraska.edu.
This document will ask you to list what courses you have taken (if any), what courses you would like to take at Nebraska and academic background information. You will not be registered for classes until your advising inventory is completed.
Placement Exams are essential to proper placement in courses at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Please take the time to take the necessary exams before going through New Student Enrollment.
Pre-Registration Health Requirement Form
Students must provide documentation of required vaccinations.
Students 18 or younger should have their parent or guardian complete and notarize this Power of Attorney Form to expedite care at the University Health Center.
Send completed notarized Power of Attorney Form to the University Health Center:
- Fax: 402-472-4593
- Mail: 1500 U Street, P.O. Box 880618, Lincoln, NE 68588-0618
Upload NCard Photo
All students are required to have an NCard, which is a campus id card.
You will be able to pick up your NCard in the NCard Office on campus when you arrive. Please have a form of government issued identification with you when picking up your NCard (passport, drivers license etc.).