Power Up Weekend
- Meet incoming first-year students and NEBRAKSA student leaders.
- Spend two nights in a residence hall and eat at campus dining facilities.
- Experience student life and engage in fun campus activities.
- Learn Husker traditions.
- Receive leadership coaching and participate in team building activities.
- 1 Log into MyRed.
- 2 Use the Admissions drop-down menu in the top navigation and select “Undergraduate.” (Registration opens March 27). Click “NSE Summer Camps/Power Up Weekend reservations.” Complete the online registration form.
- 3 If needed, sign up for free airport shuttle service from the Lincoln (LNK) airport when you register. If you haven’t booked your flight yet, but anticipate needing transportation from the airport, register for Power Up now, and sign up for the shuttle service once you’ve confirmed your flight.
- 4 Submit the required forms.
- 5 Pay the $200 fee via credit card or check. There are a limited number of $90 scholarships for Pell Grant eligible students. Upon registration, the system will verify if you qualify for the Power Up Weekend scholarship and automatically award the scholarship.
Checks can be made payable to: University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Mail checks to: New Student Enrollment 312 N. 14 St. Lincoln, NE 68588-0454
Note: If you decide to cancel your Power Up Weekend reservation, we must receive the cancellation notice by May 23, 2017 to refund the Power Up Weekend fee.
Details and FAQ
- Long sleeve T-shirt
- Athletic shoes
- One extra blanket (sheets, a pillow, and pillowcase will be provided)
- Bath Towel
- Flip flops (for shower)
- Alarm clock
- Water bottle
New Student Enrollment will be offering transportation to and from the Lincoln (LNK) Airport on Friday, Sunday, and Monday during Power Up Weekend. Sign up for this service on your Power Up reservation in MyRed.
Students who are driving to Power Up Weekend will park in the Green 'C' lot straight west of the 14th & Avery parking garage.
Lodging information for parents
The Hyatt Place, located in Lincoln’s new downtown development The Railyard, is New Student Enrollment’s host hotel. Enjoy complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi, as well as discounts at nearby restaurants and shops. To reserve a room for the NSE rate of $119 please call 888-591-1234 or book online at hyattplace.com and use code G-NS17.
Optional parent activities during Power Up Weekend
New Student Enrollment will be hosting a reception at the Hyatt Place for parents/guardians of students attending Power Up Weekend. Stay tuned for more details.Explore dining, shopping, arts, and entertainment in the Haymarket district near the hotel
Get more information about Lincoln and things to do
As stated in the Event Code of Conduct, students are not to leave the assigned program area at any time except as a part of the planned program. If we discover a student has violated this rule, we will contact you immediately.
What should I bring?
Please see the Packing List provided on this page.
Is bedding provided?
Sheets, a pillow, and a pillowcase will be provided. Please bring an extra blanket.
Should I bring snacks or drinks?
We recommend bringing a water bottle that you can refill throughout the weekend. Feel free to pack other snacks if you like, too. All meals (2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners) will be provided.
Where do I park?
Please see the parking information provided at the Arrival and Parking tab on this page.
Where do I check-in?
Power Up check-in is at Abel Hall—860 N 17 Street.
Do parents attend? Are they needed at check-in?
Parents do not attend Power Up Weekend, although there is an optional reception for parents on Friday night (see Parent Information tab). You may bring your parents to check-in, but they are only needed if you still need to complete your waiver forms.
My NSE day is Friday. Will the day be over before Power Up check-in?
Yes, Orientation Leaders will guide you to Power Up check-in after your NSE day is over.